Cub Scout Yukon Daze
Pack Pre-Registration Deadline: Friday, January 12, 2024
$25 deposit with estimated #s
$ 20.00 Scouts (Includes activities and recognitions)
$ 10.00 Other Youth (siblings, recruits)
$ 5.00 Scouters (leaders) and Other Adults (family and friends)
All adults onsite for the event must be registered.
ALL PACKS NEED TO BE PRE-REGISTERED ONLINE BY JANUARY 12th.
Only the anticipated number of Scouts, adults, and Leaders expected to attend is needed at the time of pre-registration. Pre-registration allows the activity committee to identify sites, and have sufficient staffing for the events, the materials for the activities, etc. The Yukon Daze Committee realizes that you may not be able to finalize rosters until very near the event. Pack Rosters will be submitted, and fee balances reconciled at check-in. In order to properly staff all the events and procure tools, supplies, and materials we must have a reasonable estimate of the number of scouts and adults who will be attending.
Snow Box Derby Information
- The scouts will be racing in teams of two in their snow box. They may be a mixed team. If the team has a mixed rank, they will be placed in the higher rank of the team members. The teams must not be no more than one rank apart from each other. For example, you may have a Lion and a Tiger as a team, BUT NOT a Lion and a Webelos.
- We will be racing the snow boxes during their time at their station.
- Their names, times, and den will be recorded when they race.
- We will race our snow boxes on the hill between the Nunes Building and the apple orchard.
- If the scouts would like to have their Snow Boxes judged for Cool Snow Box, they will need to have them in front of the Trading Post by 12pm to be judged. We will be judging by rank.
- All sleds must be constructed from cardboard and duct tape. Themes are highly encouraged, and sleds may be painted or adorned with decals and other paper products.
- The snow box must be able to fit two scouts in the box to race.
- NO WOOD, GLASS, METAL, PLASTIC OR ANY FASTENERS (OTHER THAN DUCT TAPE) MAY BE USED.
- Designs must be Scout-friendly, no inappropriate writing, shapes, or stickers allowed.
- Team spirit is encouraged and appreciated.
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- No handheld poles or steering mechanisms allowed.
- Any race official who deems a box to be potentially unsafe or not constructed in accordance with the rules has the authority to disqualify the box in question.