Wilderness First Aid
This is a CPR and 16-hour American Red Cross Wilderness First Aid course for Scout Leaders, Boy Scouts, and Venture Scouts 14 years and older.
We will cover:
- Adult CPR/AED
- Wilderness and Delayed Help Situations
- Patient Assessment
- Musculoskeletal and Soft Tissue Injury
- Heat/Altitude Illness
- Hypothermia and Frostbite
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Submersion Incidents
- Dealing with Bad Weather and Non-Standard Equipment
- Gain confidence in your ability to make decisions
- Create positive outcomes in unpredictable situations through new learning, practical exercises, and outdoor scenarios.
This course is required to attend any of the BSA High Adventure Bases, such as Summit, Philmont, Northern Tier, and Sea Base.
You will be responsible for providing your own food for the training. Participants who complete the course will receive a 2-year certification in American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED and Wilderness and Remote First Aid.
Please contact the course director with any questions. Please register early as this is being offered to a minimum of 6 participants with a maximum of 20 participants on a first come first serve basis.
|Course Director||Blake Edwards|