Scouts BSA Resident Summer Camp
Summer Camp Status
Communications are being sent to the primary contact listed on each individual or unit reservation outlining the process and options for reallocating or refunding all prepaid camp fees, our campership recipients about usage at Camp Kind-A-Like-A, and our incredible camp staff.
Thank you for your patience as we will process your request as quickly as possible. Our staff continues to work remotely and may not have full access to all systems.
Summer Camp Status
Registration, Payment and Refund Adjustments due to COVID-19
Our planning and evaluation rely greatly on pre-registration numbers, which we acknowledge has been difficult with recent logistical and financial challenges related to COVID-19. Therefore,
- Early Bird rate camp registrations and deposits will continue to be honored through May 31.
- Full payment deadlines are extended to 14 calendar days prior to the start of your camp week.
- Campership Financial Assistance applications will continue to be accepted and considered through May 1 while funds remain available (Note: in lieu of the required unit leader’s signature, unit leaders will be contacted directly for a phone or email approval by council staff).
- The status of our 2020 camp programs are being carefully considered on the 1st and 15th of each month. The safety of all our campers, volunteers, and employees is our top priority.
- Camp Refunds
- All prepaid fees for council-made cancellations will be fully refunded within 30 calendar days of the cancellation.
- All prepaid fees for camper-made cancellations made in writing 30 calendar days or more prior to the start of camp week will be fully refunded.
- At this time, though under review for reconsideration prior to June 1, camper-made cancellations within 30 calendar days of the start of camp week are only eligible for a refund, minus the deposit, if one of the following is met.
- The family moves out of Council.
- The death of an immediate family member.
- The registered participant has an illness or physical injury for which a healthcare practitioner provides a signed statement prohibiting participation in the event.
- Additional reasons that do not involve choice will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Registration fees can be transferred to another person attending with the same unit for the same event in the same year.
Event Postponement and Cancellation Decisions
Event postponement and cancellation decisions are being updated, as they are decided, on our website in two locations, listed below, and then later communicated via e-newsletter and social media.
Join us as we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation.
2020 Summer Camp Special Discount Offer
Any unit that reserved a campsite for the 2020 Scouts BSA Summer Camp season during the 2019 camp season is eligible to receive a $20 discount off the Early Bird fee only. To be eligible, the unit must complete the following:
Reserve a campsite for 2020 below and paying the $100 non-refundable deposit between July 7, 2019, and August 3, 2019. This deposit is applied to your total bill. Pay the $75 deposit per Scout by March 15, 2020. This determines the number of $20 discounts the unit will receive.
- Pay the special $375 Early Bird fee per Scout by May 31, 2020. Your account will be credited by the council office for the balance ($20 for each Scout that had a deposit made by March 15, 2020) that will appear in Tentaroo.
Join us for a week (or more) of Summer Camp. With three weeks to choose from, you can Explore, Discover, and Achieve what you never thought was possible at the Moses Scout Reservation this summer!
Scouts BSA Resident Camp Early Bird Incentive
If a unit attending Scouts BSA Resident Camp has paid their total balance by the Early Bird deadline of May 31, 2020, each Scout attending camp paid at that point will receive a commemorative Council Shoulder Patch.
In addition, each unit leader attending camp will receive a special limited edition version of the commemorative Council Shoulder Patch.
The new CSP design will be unveiled soon!
Scouts are encouraged to "earn their own way", and the Western Massachusetts Council is prepared to help.
Special assistance is also available for qualifying families. Just complete the 2020 Campership Application (available below) and submit it to the Scout Service Center. Please submit Campership Applications by April 1, 2020. Applications may be accepted after this date but will be subject to available campership funds remaining.
New to Summer Camp at Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation or have questions on what to expect? See if a Summer Camp presentation would be good for your unit or council. Click Here for more information or to request a free Summer Camp Presentation at your location!
Den Chief Training
Do you have Den Chiefs that are interested in spending a few more days in camp? There is now an exclusive opportunity for them to do so at Cub Scout Resident Camp, by taking a multi-day Den Chief Training.
Join Our Staff
Summer camp staff opportunity information can be found here.
Pre-Camp Meetings are held to provide units with the latest updates as they get ready for summer camp, sign up for afternoon activities, and ask questions. The meetings will be held upstairs at the Westifeld Council Service Center and begin promptly at 7 PM. The Scoutmaster and Senior Patrol Leader should plan to attend for your week of camp. The meetings will be held on June 15 and June 18. You may attend either meeting.
If your leaders cannot attend the meeting scheduled for your week of camp, you may attend one of the other meetings, or send your afternoon activity requests to the Council Service Center, or E-Mail them to the Program Director.
Pocumtuc Summer Experience - Week 1
Members of the Order of the Arrow are invited to attend week 1 and participate in the Pocumtuc Summer Experience. During the week you will spend the morning working on various service projects for the camp (last year the fencing at the amphitheatre was installed). The remainder of the day will be spent doing the usual summer camp activities. If your troop is attending camp that week, you can stay with them. If not, then you will join the Provisional Troop. The cost for this program is only $150 for the entire week! Contact any of the Lodge Officers for more information.
Need help with the registration process? Visit users.tentaroo.com for directions.
2020 Week 1 - Cancelled July 05, 2020
2020 Week 2 - Cancelled July 12, 2020
2020 Week 3 - Cancelled July 19, 2020
|*Summer Camp Fee Schedule||2020 Summer Camp Fee Schedule||Download|
|ATV Consent Form||Consent Form for ATV Course participants. (Age 14+)||Download|
|ATV Hold Harmless Agreement||Hold Harmless Agreement for ATV Course participants. (Age 14+)||Download|
|Campership Application||2020 Campership Application- Due BEFORE April 1, 2020||Download|
|Leaders' Guide||2020 Scouts BSA Resident Camp Leaders' Guide||Download|
|Program Guide||2020 Scouts BSA Resident Camp Program Guide||Download|
|SCUBA Release Form||Release form required for anyone participating in SCUBA BSA.||Download|
|Troop Program Planning Sheet||Program planning sheet for troop afternoon activities||Download|