Leave No Trace Trainer Course
The course has been postponed until further notice.
This 16-hour, overnight course trains interested individuals to serve as BSA Leave No Trace Trainers. Trainers are the backbone of Scouting's outdoor ethics program, providing instruction to individuals and units looking to adopt cutting-edge outdoor ethics into their units programs. This is required for youth holding the Boy Scout and Varsity Leave No Trace position of leadership within their unit. In addition, as this course is recognized by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics, you will receive a trainer certificate for their program. This course will also commission you to teach the BSA Leave No Trace 101 course.
Participants should be prepared to:
- Backpack/hike 1hr+ and campout overnight sharing a tent.
- Bring your personal backpacking gear for the weekend event. (That's how you should plan for it)
- Dress accordingly.
- Bring your Backpacking style/type food, snacks.
(Needed meals: Lunch, Supper, snack for Saturday. Breakfast, Lunch, snacks for Sunday).
- Cook backpacking style meals, (ask for help or suggestions if needed)
- Give a ten-minute presentation on one of the seven principles. (These will be assigned early so you'll have time to prepare)
Requirements to Attend:
Course is limited to 10 participants on a first-come first-served basis. Participants must be at least 14 years old.
Need help in registering? Visit users.tentaroo.com