The Fundamentals of Training
The purpose of this course is to introduce new and experienced Scouters and Scouts, regardless of their experience, to the teaching techniques and skills needed to provide effective training. It is the first part of the three-part train-the-trainer continuum (T3) in Scouting.
The course will also help those who might have trained for other organizations learn the BSA's training techniques and it will help freshen up the skills of current BSA trainers.
At the conclusion of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles of how people learn
- Understand four primary methods of instruction used by the BSA
- Practice the BSA’s training techniques
No advance preparation is necessary.
Trainer's EDGE is the second part of the continuum, with the third part taught at BSA's national volunteer training centers or at the regional level.
- Location: Western Massachusetts Council Service Center
1 Arch Road, Suite 5, Westfield, MA 01085
- Cost: $5
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 3
- Paper Registration/Flyer