Friends of Scouting
"Friends of Scouting" is our annual campaign to support the operating expenses of the Western Massachusetts Council. Becoming a Friend of Scouting shows your commitment to helping us spread the message of Scouting across Western Massachusetts! As you may know, 100% of the annual dues our members pay goes to the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Our council is required to raise its annual operating funds through fundraising and other revenue generation.
Your gift is a tax deductible donation, Western Massachusetts Council, Inc. is a 501c(3) Non-Profit Organization. Our Tax ID is 042-104-279.
An investment in Friends of Scouting helps to fund:
- Local programs and activities throughout the Council
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Scout Service Centers, which coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Facilities for year-round camping and outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts meeting the learning and achievement goals they set
- Development and distribution literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future community leaders
Unit Leaders - To schedule a Friends of Scouting presentation or to learn more about it click here!
- Online: Make a gift by credit card using the online form below
- Mail: Make a gift or pledge a gift with the option for reoccuring payment - Click Here for the Commitment Form
Help keep Scouting strong here in Western Massachusetts by becoming a Friend of Scouting!
|FOS Patch Recognition Flyer||Download|
|Friends of Scouting Campaign Brochure||Download|
|Pledge Authorization Form: One-Time or Reoccurring Gifts||Download|