Cub Scout Day Camp - Staff
Our Cub Scout Day Camps are administered by nationally trained staff, but are run totally by volunteers! We always need more volunteers to make these camps run smoothly.
Please ask how you might volunteer - no prior camp or scouting experience necessary!
How Do I Volunteer?
- Starting the process:
- Contact the Camp Director
- Submit a Staff Application
- Register online at Tentaroo as an "Adult" or "Den Chief" for the week(s) you are volunteering for
- Completing the process:
- Have three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf (Scouts must include one from the Scoutmaster or Advisor)
- Submit CORI and SORI consent forms (adults only)
- Submit a photocopy of your Driver's License or State ID (adults only)
- Submit current BSA medical forms parts A & B, certificate of immunizations, and photocopy of insurance card front and back
- If not already, register as a member of BSA (discuss with Camp Director how)
- Submit evidence of completing Youth Protection Training (adults only)
- Complete one mandatory staff training session and the Sunday pre-camp setup orientation [See Below for Dates/Locations]
- Training session for adults only
- Pre-Camp setup orientation for all staff - Youth and Adults
- Submit a completed Post Action Report to the Camp Directors
- CLICK HERE for Staff Application Materials and camp job descriptions.
What Will Be Expected of Me?
Adult Staff are asked to attend one 3-hour training session from those offered:
- Saturday, June 8: 10am-1pm, Moses Scout Reservation during WHOA
- Tuesday, June 11: 6pm-9pm, (TBD)
- Thursday, June 20: 6pm-9pm, All Saints' Episcopal Church, South Hadley
Youth and Adult Staff are asked to attend camp setup and final orientation training the Sunday afternoon before their camp starting at 1pm.
Youth and Adult Staff are asked to be present and participate in camp activities during hours of operation as described in the job description.
Staff Appreciation and Camper Fee Refunds
Staff should mark their calendars for our Day Camp Appreciation Family Picnic at Moses Scout Reservation on TBD.
Refunds of $100 will be given back to families that have completed staff training, volunteered for 5 days of Day Camp, setup Sunday afternoon prior to camp, and complete a post-action report. Refunds will be sent out in September. Refunds are $100 per adult volunteer per week of volunteering.
REQUIRED HEALTH INFORMATION
Due to Massachusetts and BSA licensing requirements, you must submit for each child and adult enrolled in our camps, a BSA Annual Health & Medical Record parts A & B, front and back copy of health insurance card, and a physician's Certificate of Immunization (current within last 12 months and signed by a physician). *If your family has decided to not immunize your child, a waiver must be provided.
Specific 2018 state immunization information can be found online HERE.
These are REQUIRED to be submitted prior to campers and staff arriving at camp and inspected by the local Board of Health. Please note that these forms must be provided each year.
Camp staff age 18 years and older immunization requirements: Immunity to measles, mumps and rubella; tetanus/diphtheria vaccine. Vacinations or Proof of Immunity: Unless born before 1957, 2 doses of measles, 1 dose of mumps and 1 dose of rubella vaccines >12 months of age; serologic evidence of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. At least 3 doses of DTaP/DTP/DT/Td. A booster of Td or Tdap is required if >10 years since last tetanus vaccine.
WHY DO OUR VOLUNTEERS RETURN YEAR AFTER YEAR?
"The hardest, most rewarding week of the summer."
"Something worthwhile to do with my kids for an entire week."
"I knew I would have fun, but I didn't think it would've been THAT much fun!"
When asked why they volunteered in 2017 2/3 of the staff indicated "I love Cub Scouting" and 1/3 also indicated both "Spend quality time with my Scout" and "Help the leaders from my Pack."
100% of the staff answered yes to "Did you have FUN while volunteering at Cub Scout Day Camp?" on the 2017 staff survey responses.
|Annual Health & Medical Record Form||BSA Annual Health & Medical Record Form Parts A & B||Download|
|Campership Application||2019 Campership Application- Due BEFORE April 5, 2019||Download|
|Certificate of Immunization Form (Optional)||Use this form or another that your physician's office can produce from their computer system. MA DPH says a Certificate of Immunization shall mean either: (1) any form or letter signed and dated by a physician or designee, or (2) a dated report from the Massachusetts Immunization Information System; provided that either document specifies the month and year of administration and the type/name of the vaccines(s) administered to the camper or staff person, or alternative evidence of immunity.||Download|
|Cub Day Camp Volunteer Staff Application||Download|
|Day Camp Family Guide||A guide to what our day camps are all about.||Download|
|Immunization Requirements for Adults||Refer to bottom of page 2 for "Camp staff age 18 years and older [CMR 430.152 (B)]"||Download|
|Immunization Requirements for Youth||Download|
|Summer Camp Fee Schedule||2019 Summer Camp Fee Schedule||Download|