Cub Scout Day Camp - Moses Scout Reservation
Summer Camp Status
Communications are being sent to the primary contact listed on each individual or unit reservation outlining the process and options for reallocating or refunding all prepaid camp fees, our campership recipients about usage at Camp Kind-A-Like-A, and our incredible camp staff.
Thank you for your patience as we will process your request as quickly as possible. Our staff continues to work remotely and may not have full access to all systems.
310 Birch Hill Rd, Russell, MA 01071
Summer Camp Status
Registration, Payment and Refund Adjustments due to COVID-19
Our planning and evaluation rely greatly on pre-registration numbers, which we acknowledge has been difficult with recent logistical and financial challenges related to COVID-19. Therefore,
- Early Bird rate camp registrations and deposits will continue to be honored through May 31.
- Full payment deadlines are extended to 14 calendar days prior to the start of your camp week.
- Campership Financial Assistance applications will continue to be accepted and considered through May 1 while funds remain available (Note: in lieu of the required unit leader’s signature, unit leaders will be contacted directly for a phone or email approval by council staff).
- The status of our 2020 camp programs are being carefully considered on the 1st and 15th of each month. The safety of all our campers, volunteers, and employees is our top priority.
- Camp Refunds
- All prepaid fees for council-made cancellations will be fully refunded within 30 calendar days of the cancellation.
- All prepaid fees for camper-made cancellations made in writing 30 calendar days or more prior to the start of camp week will be fully refunded.
- At this time, though under review for reconsideration prior to June 1, camper-made cancellations within 30 calendar days of the start of camp week are only eligible for a refund, minus the deposit, if one of the following is met.
- The family moves out of Council.
- The death of an immediate family member.
- The registered participant has an illness or physical injury for which a healthcare practitioner provides a signed statement prohibiting participation in the event.
- Additional reasons that do not involve choice will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Registration fees can be transferred to another person attending with the same unit for the same event in the same year.
Event Postponement and Cancellation Decisions
Event postponement and cancellation decisions are being updated, as they are decided, on our website in two locations, listed below, and then later communicated via e-newsletter and social media.
Registration Now Open
The dates for 2020 are here with four weeks of Cub Scout Day Camp being offered at the Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation with busing to be available from select locations throughout the Council!
Week 1: July 6-10 *** Week 2: July 13-17 *** Week 3: July 20-24 *** Week 4: July 27-31
- $75 per scout: Reservation Deposit Recommended by March 15 (non-refundable)
- Register now, as dens are limited to first 8 registrations
- Reservation deposit is deducted from the cost listed below
- Siblings receive a $25 discount (contact Council Program Director to have this applied before making your final payment)
- Multiple Week Campers receive a $25 day camp discount for each week after the initial week (contact Council Program Director to have this applied before making your final payment)
- Campers who attend our day camp will be eligible to register for our resident camp at the early bird rate after the May 31st deadline (contact Council Program Director to have this applied before making your final payment)
- $175: Balance Paid IN FULL before May 31st (a $50 discount!)
- $225: Balance Paid IN FULL from June 1st to 2 days before camp
- $250: Balance Paid IN FULL Walk-In
Information regarding $20 per week bus/van transportation from our two former day camp locations. Times are approximate
- Route 1: Granby to Holyoke to Russell
- 7:30 am / 5:30pm Granby Junior Senior High School, 387 E State St, Granby
- 8:00 / 5:00 pm Holyoke location TBD
- Route 2: East Longmeadow/Springfield area to Westfield to Russell
- 7:30 am / 5:30 pm location TBD near I-91
- 8:00 am / 5:00 pm Westfield Service Center, 1 Arch Rd, Westfield
New to Summer Camp at Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation or have questions on what to expect? See if a Summer Camp presentation would be good for your unit or council. Click Here for more information or to request a free Summer Camp Presentation at your location!
Refunds will be handled on a case-by-case basis. A request for a refund must be done so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. “Homesickness” is not considered to be a refundable medical reason.
REQUIRED HEALTH INFORMATION
Due to Massachusetts and BSA licensing requirements, you must submit for each child and adult enrolled in our camps, a BSA Annual Health & Medical Record parts A & B, front and back copy of health insurance card, and a physician's Certificate of Immunization (current within last 12 months and signed by a physician). *If your family has decided to not immunize your child, a waiver must be provided.
Specific state immunization information can be downloaded below.
These are REQUIRED to be submitted prior to campers and staff arriving at camp and inspected by the local Board of Health. Please note that these forms must be provided each year.
Please write at the top of the first page which Day Camp Week(s) it is for.
It is preferred that you mail a copy of these to our Cub Scout Day Camp Medical Officer no later than the Monday prior to the start of the week you are participating in at: Jason Dorval, PO Box 805, Chicopee, MA 01014.
Submitting now will allow them to be reviewed prior to your arrival and speed up the Monday medical check in process.
These medical forms will not be returned at the conclusion of camp, as state regulations now require camps to maintain these records.
These may also be faxed to (413) 562-1041, or dropped off/mailed to: Western Massachusetts Council, ATTN: Day Camp, 1 Arch Road - Suite 5, Westfield, Massachusetts 01085 (OR 141 North Street, Suite 101, Pittsfield, MA 01201), though it is recommended to bring another copy to camp just in case they are not received by the camp health officer.
JOIN OUR STAFF
Summer camp staff opportunity information can be found here.
- 07:30 Anticipated start of bus/van pick ups
- 08:30 Arrival and Sign In (Monday Only: 08:15 Registration and Medical Check In)
- 08:45 Opening Ceremony
- 09:00 Round-Robin Programming
- 03:45 Closing Ceremony
- 04:00 Sign Out and Departure
- 05:15 Anticipated start of bus/van drop offs
2020 Week 1 - Cancelled July 06, 2020
2020 Week 2 - Cancelled July 13, 2020
2020 Week 3 - Cancelled July 20, 2020
2020 Week 4 - Cancelled July 27, 2020
|Campership Application||2020 Campership Application- Due BEFORE April 1, 2020||Download|
|Certificate of Immunization Form (Optional)||Use this form or another that your physician's office can produce from their computer system. MA DPH says a Certificate of Immunization shall mean either: (1) any form or letter signed and dated by a physician or designee, or (2) a dated report from the Massachusetts Immunization Information System; provided that either document specifies the month and year of administration and the type/name of the vaccines(s) administered to the camper or staff person, or alternative evidence of immunity.||Download|
|Day Camp Family Guide||A guide to what our day camps are all about.||Download|
|MA Immunization Requirements for Camp Youth and Adults||Download|
|Summer Camp Fee Schedule||2020 Summer Camp Fee Schedule||Download|