Metacomet Klondike Derby - "Hawaiian Wonderland"
- UPDATED PATROL EQUIPMENT LIST ADDED TO MANUAL 01/26/2020 (see below for details)
- Test your Scouting skills as you work with your patrol to finish challenges and get your sled to the luau celebration!
- Patrols are encouraged to decorate their sleds, patrol flags, and themselves in Hawaiian style to demonstrate Patrol and Scout Spirit.
- Lunch Cookoff Challenge: include SPAM and maybe pineapple or coconut too!
- Units are encouraged to camp out on Friday and/or Saturday night, but can also just attend the derby on Saturday.
- Camping units are encouraged to host Friendship Fires and visit one another.
- Online registration is available below.
- Participating Units are requested to have adults volunteer to run a planned Klondike challenge and send an adult representative to a finall challenge planning meeting on Monday, January 20, 2020 6:00 pm at All Saints Church, 7 Woodbridge St, South Hadley, MA 01075.
Units planning to campover night should make their own reservation at https://www.wmascouting.org/hamsr
Patrol Equipment List for Sleds:
|2020 Klondike Flyer||Added 12/12/19, updated 12/22/2019||Download|
|2020 SPL Manual for Klondike Derby||2020 manual added 12/22/2019, Updated 01/26/2020||Download|
|Council Program Director||Greg A. Williams||(413) 594-9196 x7004|
|Metacomet Roundtable Commissioner: Scouts BSA||Michael Zlogar||(413) 530-3796|