Summer Camp Staff Opportunities
Join Our Staff
Are you a high-energy and fun-loving person who enjoys working with youth, is looking for an engaging summer job, or has an interest in education in the Western Massachusetts area? Our Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation might be the perfect fit for you! We are now hiring staff for our Summer Camp Programs in late-June/July/early-August.
Our camp staff quickly become a family that both works and plays together, accomplishing something that we can take great pride in. All this happens while also making new friends and having a blast.
You do not need to be a member of the Boy Scouts of America to apply. All you need is an interest in working with youth and availability to work the sessions that summer camp will occur and staff training, which differs from based on the program you are interested in.
Camp Staff is a one of a kind experience! A summer on staff provides the opportunity to:
- Make lots of new friends.
- Spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails.
- Acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime.
- Be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done.
- Learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills.
- Undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well.
- Work with youth and adults of all ages.
- Serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all).
- Give something back for the opportunities you have received
- Have meaningful spiritual experiences.
- Have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
- Be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits.
- Learn vocational skills that can help in outside employment or assist with vocational education.
- Earn money while doing what you enjoy.
- Have fun!
Camp is located just 20 minutes from MassPike I-90 Exit 41 (formerly Exit 3).
Camp Staff Trainings
Sunday, April 10, 2022 - 7pm in South Hadley
Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 9am at camp
Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 9am at camp for Staff Week
How do I Apply?
- Apply online using the form further below, or
- Download a paper application from the files library below
|Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Summer Camp Application||Download|
|Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Summer Camp Guide||Download|
|Staff Summer Camp Application||Download|
|Staff Summer Camp Reference Form||Download|
|Summer Day Program Camp Staff Job Descriptions||Download|
|Summer Residential Camp Staff Job Descriptions||Download|