Summer Camp Staff Opportunities
Join Our Staff
Are you a high-energy and fun-loving person who enjoys working with youth, is looking for an engaging summer job, or has an interest in education in the Western Massachusetts area? Our Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation might be the perfect fit for you! We are now hiring staff for our Summer Camp Programs in late-June/July/early-August.
- Blacksmith (age 18+)
- COPE/Climbing Director (age 21+)
- Commissioners (ages 18+)
- Dining Hall Head Cook (21+)
- Dining Hall Assistant Cook (18+)
- Program Staff (15+ except 16+ for Aquatics and COPE/Climbing)
- Cub Scout Program
- Outdoor Skills (Scoutcraft)
- Shooting Sports (Rifle, Shotgun, Archery)
- Trail's Head (First Year Scout Program)
- Provisional Scoutmaster (ages 21+)
- Provisional Assistant Scoutmasters (ages 18+)
- Ranger Staff (ages 18+)
Our camp staff quickly become a family that both works and plays together, accomplishing something that we can take great pride in. All this happens while also making new friends and having a blast.
You do not need to be a member of the Boy Scouts of America to apply. All you need is an interest in working with youth and availability to work the sessions that summer camp will occur and staff training, which differs from based on the program you are interested in.
Camp Staff is a one of a kind experience! A summer on staff provides the opportunity to:
- Make lots of new friends.
- Spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails.
- Acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime.
- Be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done.
- Learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills.
- Undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well.
- Work with youth and adults of all ages.
- Serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all).
- Give something back for the opportunities you have received
- Have meaningful spiritual experiences.
- Have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
- Be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits.
- Learn vocational skills that can help in outside employment or assist with vocational education.
- Earn money while doing what you enjoy.
- Have fun!
Camp is located just 20 minutes from MassPike I-90 Exit 41.
Camp Staff Trainings
Sunday, April 23, 2023 - 6pm location TBD for Staff Kick-Off and Paperwork
Saturday, May 13, 2023 - 9am at camp for Staff Work Day
Saturday, June 24, 2023 - 9am at camp for Staff Week
How do I Apply?
- Apply online using the form further below
|Staff Summer Camp Reference Form||Download|
|Summer Residential Camp Staff Job Descriptions||Download|