Certified Angling Instructor (CAI) Course
This is an official BSA certification for fishing and fly fishing, and merit badge instructors. This train-the-trainer position shows families how to get started fishing. You will learn to help develop, lead and execute the fishing programs at the council level and act as an advocate and resource of all levels of the Boy Scouting program. This program will also qualify learners for national fishing staff positions at Jamborees, Order of the Arrow conferences, and help train fishing staff at the BSA high-adventure bases.
- The training is a great opportunity to utilize fishing as a recruitment and retention tool.
- Be a trained champion for our council's fishing program through a focused emphasis on fishing.
- Qualify to become a Certified Angling Instructor
- Gain a hands-on learning of fly-casting, fly-tying, fishing knots, fish finding and etiquette, and how to teach those skills.
- Catch a fish or two
- Demonstrate cast-and-release
- Demonstrate how to clean and cook a fish
- Participate in discussions about other council's fishing programs
- Learn about the Complete Angler Award for Scouts in your council
What is included?
- Booklets containing Counselor Guides for Fishing, Fly-fishing and Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badges and materials
- Camping Accommodations
- CAI Patch
- Cost: $90
- Registration Deadline: May 24, 2019
- Open to Scouters, age 18+
CAI 2019 June 07, 2019 to June 09