Appalachian Trail District Pinewood Derby
- This recording will also be available to watch after race day.
- In between races, we will have some games, fun and a little PWD History for you via Zoom. You can stay logged in for the day, or pop in when you want. https://zoom.us/j/97268317387?pwd=dFU1UEtWZFhGUmFma21sSWw2Q3k0Zz09 Meeting ID: 972 6831 7387, Passcode: Maf9kr
This year's PWD may look different than we are used to - but that doesn't mean it can't be fun!!
- $5.00 per car
- $6.00 optional "Derby Swag Bag - see downloadable entry form below
- 10:00 am Lion Dens
- 10:30 am Tiger Dens
- 11:00 am Wolf Dens
- 11:30 am Cool Car Awards
- 12:00 pm Bear Dens
- 12:30 pm Webelos Dens
Get in the spirit at home:
MAKE A SELF-PORTRAIT SO “YOU” CAN BE AT THE RACE.
8.5” x 11” paper only
No photos – drawings only
Send with your car and entry form to weigh-ins
ORDER YOUR “DERBY SWAG BAG” $6.00
Includes everything you will need to have fun at home on Race Day (Crafts, Pit Pass, puzzle booklet, make your own edible race car ingredients, and more!!)
MUST be pre-ordered – email firstname.lastname@example.org no later Friday, March 26 with Scout’s Name/Pack # to let us know how many bags you want.
Send $6.00 per bag with your entry form. (Make checks payable to PACK 8)
Will be picked up by your Pack Rep at Weigh-ins (April 6 or 7)
WATCH AT HOME!
Include your email on the entry form so we can send you links and info for how to watch LIVE at home!
All Appalachian Trail District Pinewood Derby entries MUST:
1. Register online (as a Pack) by April 1
2. Complete the Virtual AT District PWD Entry Form and Pre-Race Waiver (download below)
In preparation for the designated drop-off date and location, be sure to give your Pack representative:
- Your PWD race car (be sure to note which end is the rear of the car if it is not obvious)
- Your completed District Entry form & signed Pre-Race Waiver (2nd page of attachment)
- Your 'self-portrait' (optional)
- Payment for any Derby SWAG bags ordered (optional) Be sure to order NO LATER THAN 3/26
* Please be sure to read the attached WMC Pinewood Derby Rules, including the Virtual Addendum.
* At drop-off, your car will be inspected and weighed. Be sure to let your Pack Rep know whether or not they have permission to make adjustments at that time if necessary.
How it Works
- Each car will race three (3) times. The lowest cumulative time will be the winner. The top three winners will be recognized in each division level, held by the event organizers, and delivered to the Virtual Council Pinewood Derby team to race virtually on May 1. There is a separate $5 registration fee for that race, if you qualify.
- The Cool Car competition is for Cubs of any level. Four Cub Scouts from a pack are allowed. The pack can choose their participants in any manner they choose. A CUB SCOUT CANNOT ENTER BOTH THE RACE AND THE COOL CAR DIVISION – IT MUST BE ONE OR THE OTHER. Awards will also be given in the Cool Car division.
- Each Pack can send up to 19 Scouts. 3 each in the Lion, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos racers divisions and 4 in the Cool Car division.
- For 2021 only, if a unit could not hold a Pack Pinewood Derby prior to the District race, all of their Scouts may enter a car to run in the District race. Times will be used to determine their both their Pack's overall results and District results for their top three cars in each rank. Unit leaders may enter and pay for all their Pack's cars on one registration or have individuals register and pay themselves.
|AT PWD Info and Entry Form||Download|
|Council Pinewood Derby Rules||Updated 03/08/2021 -2020 cars permitted in 2021 -Virtual District Races Addendum added -Modified to indicate Race Day rules may need to be modified for a virtual event due to the participants not being present.||Download|