WHOA May 19
WHOA! Warmer weather brings new programs at Woronoco Heights!
This fun-filled day will include the following activities:
- Orienteering - Can you navigate around the heights with a compass? Come and give it a try!
- Geocaching - Can you locate caches located at the heights?
- Disc Golf - Our new disc golf course is just waiting for you to give it a try. We will provide the discs, you bring the skill!
- Fishing - There's plenty of fish available in our pond. Can you outsmart them? If you learned how to tie a fly in April, bring it along and use it to see what you can catch.
- Climbing - Looking for a challenge? We have our bouldering wall for everyone to try out their climbing skills. If you are 10 or older, then you can challenge the 68' tower. There are three sides to climb and one side to rappel down.
- Radio - Discussions, working displays and some hands on opportunities will introduce young and old alike to radio, including ham radio/short wave, CB, scanners, Morse code, building simple radio devices, complete requirement 7 of the radio merit badge.
- Blacksmithing - Looking for a souvenir of your time at the heights? Then the blacksmith shop is the place for you!
- Mountain Biking - There are 1,300 acres of land to explore at the heights. Bring your own mountain bike (and helmet) if you have one. Bikes are available for youth 10+.
- ATVs - After a mandatory safety session, you will be able to visit parts of the camp not easily accessible on foot. (14+, long pants and long sleeve shirt a must)
WHOA! Map of events for the day!
Download the map for the locations of today's activities.
WHOA! Geocaching Materials
It is recommended that you read the following documents before you arrive at camp on May 19 if you want to participate in the Geocaching activitiy,