WHOA March 17
WHOA! Spring is Coming to Woronoco Heights!
This fun-filled spring day (with a touch of winter still in the air!) will include the following activities:
- Rifle - Can you hit the target? (BBs for 10 and under, 22s for 11+)
- Black Powder Rifle - Find out how to fire this type of rifle. (11+)
Note: There will be an additonal $5 charge to participate in any/all of the above shooting activities. Those wishing to participate can pay at check-in.
- Cooking- Being comfortable in the outdoors requires that you be able to cook good food. We'll show you a variety of methods of preparing some really awesome food.
- Radio - Learn about Ham radio and contact other people, possibly from around the world!
- Geocaching - Can you locate caches located at the heights?
- Blacksmithing - Looking for a souvenir of your time at the heights? Then the blacksmith shop is the place for you!
- Maple Sugaring - Just Added! The sap to still running so you can hike to one of the ends of the camp and see a sugar shack in operation. This was very popular in Februray so plan to join in!
- Snow Shoeing - If the current snow pack survives this week's weather, we will be offering snow shoeing again (for the last time this season?).
WHOA! Map of events for the day!
Download the map for the locations of today's activities.
WHOA! Proper footwear will be needed this Saturday!
Since we are in a weather pattern that places us between winter and spring, you need to have proper footwear for camp on this day. There will probably still be snow in places and also places that could be muddy! Be prepared!
WHOA! Geocaching Materials
It is recommended that you read the following documents before you arrive at camp on March 17 if you want to participate in the Geocaching activitiy,