WHOA April 21
WHOA! Join us for as we add some new programs at Woronoco Heights!
This fun-filled day will include the following activities:
- Orienteering - Can you navigate around the heights with a compass? Come and give it a try!
- Geocaching - Can you locate caches located at the heights?
- Blacksmithing - Metalwork is the focus of this unique program.
- Fly Tying - Come learn how to tie flies and then come back in May and see what you can catch using your flies.
- Ecology - Join us for one of two hikes (1 1/2 hours each) as we explore the bountiful nature that is part of our beautiful reservation. This will be moderately strenuous with some uphill travel.
- Radio - Discussions, working displays and some hands on opportunities will introduce young and old alike to radio, including ham radio/short wave, CB, scanners, Morse code, building simple radio devices, complete requirement 7 of the radio merit badge.
- Tomahawk Throwing - Can you hit the target with a tomahawk? It's not as easy as it sounds!
- Mountain Biking - There are 1,300 acres of land to explore at the heights. Bring your own mountain bike (and helmet) if you have one. Bikes are available for youth 10+.
- Open Pinewood Derby - After the conclusion of the official Council Pinewood Derby (open only to the winners of the District derbies), we will run a fun derby open to anyone attending WHOA!. You can either bring your own car or borrow one of our loaner cars. You could win a free ice cream or drink at the Trading Post. Plan to join us for this fun event. For the rules for the derby, download this file: 2018 Pinewood Derby Rules.
WHOA! Map of events for the day!
Download the map for the locations of today's activities.
WHOA! Proper footwear will be needed this Saturday!
Since we are in a weather pattern that places us between winter and spring, you need to have proper footwear for camp on this day. There will probably be places that could be muddy! Be prepared!
WHOA! Geocaching Materials
It is recommended that you read the following documents before you arrive at camp on April 21 if you want to participate in the Geocaching activitiy,