Moses Scout Reservation Summer Camps
When is Camp?
Five weeks of fun, adventure, and advancement available:
*** Week 1: July 2-8 (Resident Camp 70% Full)
*** Week 2: July 9-15 (Resident Camp is Full, Day Program remains Open)
*** Week 3: July 16-22
*** Week 4: July 23-29 (Resident Camp 70% Full)
*** Week 5: July 30-August 5 (Scouts BSA only)
Pre-Camp Leaders Meetings (Optional meeting for unit leaders - choose either date)
- Tuesday, June 13 7-8pm Westfield Service Center or Zoom
- Thursday, June 15 7-8pm Westfield Service Center or Zoom
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) scheduled for June 24 - 30. Learn more and register.
Moses Online Trading Post / Store
Who Can Attend?
Come with your pack, troop, crew or even your family! You can also come by yourself for the day program or be a part of a overnight provisional unit supported by our adult leadership. New in 2021, we began offering programs for families. Learn more here!
- BSA only allows Lions to attend summer family, not summer day or resident camp.
- BSA requires Tigers to have an adult partner for day, resident, and family camp.
- We require Wolves attending resident camp provisionally (not attending with their Pack) to have a responsible adult and recommend the same for Bears.
How Long Does Camp Run?
There are three options for when anyone, regardless of program, can attend each week:
Full Week Resident Camp
Runs from Sunday, 11:00 am to Saturday, 10:00 am.
Short Week Resident Camp
Has two sessions each week:
A: Sunday, 11:00 am to Wednesday, 5:00 pm.
B: Wednesday, 8:30 am to Saturday, 10:00 am.
Day Program Only
Runs Monday - Friday each week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
What Will I Be Able To Do?
We are preparing a very flexible program centered on fun activities that will let:
Cub Scouts work on requirements for their Adventures,
Newer Scouts BSA work on requirements for Scout through First Class ranks,
Scouts BSA work on requirements for merit badges,
Venturers/Sea Scouts work on skills to support their interests,
Everyone has fun!!!!
Whether you are coming for a full week, a short week or the day only program, click the links below to visit the following webpages to find out the details of each program:
Scouts BSA Summer Camp Program
How Much Will It Cost?
The Early Bird Fee ($100 deposit per Scout paid by April 1) for each camp is as follows:
Full Week Resident Camp - $525 in 2022
Short Week Resident Camp - $315 in 2022
Day Program - $265 in 2022
A $100 "campsite" deposit is initially due to reserve a place at camp and will be applied to registration fees.
A $100 deposit per youth spot is also due at the time of initial registration.
Payment in full is due by May 15 in order to maintian discounted fees, add a camper's name to the roster, and register for classes. Our annual Program Guide with merit badge schedule has a goal to be published by May 1st and will be avialable May 15th at the latest.
A summary of the prices appear in the 2023Summer Camp Fee Schedule document (below) with a full description of the fees on the Moses Summer Camp Fees page.
Can I Receive Financial Assistance?
Scouts are encouraged to "earn their own way", and the Western Massachusetts Council is prepared to help.
Special assistance is also available for qualifying families. Just complete the Campership Financial Assistance Form (available below) and submit it to the Scout Service Center. Campership Applications are request by April 1, 2023, for first distribution consideration, though applications will continue to be accepted after this date subject to available campership funds remaining.
Can I Join The Staff?
Summer camp staff opportunity information can be found here.
Can My Unit Get a Presentation about Camp?
New to Summer Camp at Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation or have questions on what to expect? See if a Summer Camp presentation would be good for your unit or council. Click Here for more information or to request a free Summer Camp Presentation at your location or virtually, based on presenter availability!
How Do I Register?
To register for camp, click the appropriate button(s) for the week(s) that you would like to attend. Please note the following:
1. Units need to use the established account in Tentaroo to register and submit all payments as a unit. Individual payments by members of your unit will not be accepted. Units may also register their provisional, day program, and CIT campers using their Unit Account. Do not create your own account! If you do not know your unit's login information, please contact the Council Service Center at 413-594-9196 ext 7032.
2. Individuals/Families may need to create an account to register and submit payments as a Counselor-in-Training (CIT), a Provisional Camper, a Day Program Camper, or a Family Camping Adult, if their own unit will not be managing these registrations for them.
3. There are many categories to choose from when indicating how many youth/adults will be attending. Please carefully select the appropriate categories for the camp you wish to attend. For example, you would select Scouts BSA Youth - Full Week for Scouts that will be attending a full week of camp with their troop. A complete listing of the categories and when to use them appears in the Summer Camp Registration document (available below). If in doubt, please contact the Council Service Center at 413-594-9196 ext 7032.
Annual Health and Medical Records
The required BSA medical forms are available online at https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/ahmr/. Parts A & B, as well as a copy of both sides of one's health insurance card, are required from all camp attendees and staff.
Part C is required for anyone who will be at camp for 72+ hours cumulatively and requires a pre-participation physical completed within 12 months of participation dates.
These medical forms must be submitted to the camp health officer no later than one week prior to arrival to be reviewed for completion; to ensure camp health, food service, and program staff are prepared to support individual needs; and to allow for a timely check in for units and individuals.
Need help with the registration process? Visit users.tentaroo.com for directions.
Week 1 July 02, 2023 to July 08Register Today
Week 2 July 09, 2023 to July 15Register Today
Week 3 July 16, 2023 to July 22Register Today
Week 4 July 23, 2023 to July 29Register Today
Week 5 July 30, 2023 to August 05Register Today
|2023 Afternoon Program Preference Worksheet (Scouts BSA)||Download|
|2023 Leader & Family Guide||Created February 21, 2023||Download|
|2023 Moses Summer Camp Fees||Download|
|2023 Summer Camp Dates Flyer||Download|
|2023 Summer Camp Program Guide||-Revised 05/14 to add ATV fees, no Chess week 5, correct CIT fee -Revised 05/11 to list Electricity & Electronics class size limits of 12 -Revised 05/05 to include ATV during week 4! -2023 program guide released May 4. Roster & class registrations open May 15th.||Download|
|ATV Consent Form||Consent Form for ATV Course participants. (Age 14+)||Download|
|ATV Health & Safety Notice||Download|
|ATV Hold Harmless Agreement||Hold Harmless Agreement for ATV Course participants. (Age 14+)||Download|
|BSA Pre-Event Medical Screening||Download|
|Camp Map||Map of the Horace A. Moses Scout Reservation||Download|
|Camp Photo Order Form||Download|
|Campership Financial Assistance Form||Download|
|Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Summer Camp Application||Download|
|Packing List - Suggested||Download|
|Sample 2022 Camp Menu Week 1 & 3||Download|
|Sample 2022 Camp Menu Week 2 & 4||Download|
|SCUBA Release Form||Release form required for anyone participating in SCUBA BSA.||Download|
|Summer Camp Registration||Details of which categories to use when registering.||Download|