Youth Protection Training (YPT)
Youth Protection training is designed to help you keep our youth safe from abuse. You will learn the Boy Scouts of America's Youth Protection Guidelines, signs of abuse, and how to report suspected abuse. After each section of material, you will answer questions about that section's topic. This course must be completed to BEFORE registering as an Adult Leader and in order to earn the "Trained" emblem. Estimated time to complete: 40 minutes.Youth Protection Training must be taken every 2 years at a minimum to keep up with changes in policy and to remain in compliance with BSA National guidelines for Youth Protection.
- Visit http://www.myscouting.org
- Create a new user account if you do not have one already
- Log-in and follow the prompts to take the Youth Protection Training
- Take the quiz at the end of the session.
- Print the certificate and submit it with your Adult Application.
Onsite Unit Training
If your unit would like to host onsite training for several leaders, please contact your District Executive to schedule an in-person presentation.