The Western Massachusetts Council of Boy Scouts has hundreds of scouting units serving every city and town in Western Massachusetts.
Parents & family members can have fun too by joining our over ,000 local adult volunteers!
Make Scouts a family affair, and watch your kids GROW in knowledge, responsibility, self esteem, and character, all while having tons of FUN!
- If your son is 5-10 years old or in Grades K-5, he will join a Cub Scout pack;
- If your son is 11-17 years old, he may join a Boy Scout troop;
- If you son or daughter is at least 13 (and completed the eighth grade)-20, he or she may join a Venturing crew or an Exploring post. Exploring clubs are open to boys and girls grades 6-8.
To find out more about Scout programs in your community, visit www.BeAScout.org or contact the council office below.
Complete and submit the following form:
Contact us directly at 1-800-649-1735
Or, to find an appropriate Scout unit for your child:
- Visit https://beascout.scouting.org/
- Select the appropriate tab for your child
- Enter your zip code
- Select one of the units from the list ("Show Unit")
- Click on the Contact link (usually says "234 - Western Massachusetts Council")
- Complete the Inquiry Form. Please leave a note about the best time to call in the "Questions and Comments" part of the form.
- Someone from the Council office or local unit will contact you to discuss Scouting and setup an introductory meeting.