The Western Massachusetts Council of Boy Scouts has hundreds of scouting units serving every city and town in Western Massachusetts.
Parents & family members can have fun too by joining our over 2,000 local adult volunteers!
Make Scouts a family affair, and watch your kids GROW in knowledge, responsibility, self esteem, and character, all while having tons of FUN!
- If your son is 7-10 years old or in Grades 1-5, he will join a Cub Scout pack (boys who have finished Kindergarten can join in June as Tiger Cubs);
- If your son is 11-17 years old, he may join a Boy Scout troop;
- If you son or daughter is at least 14-20, he or she may join a Venturing crew.
To find out more about Scout programs in your community, visit www.BeAScout.org or contact the council office below.
Complete and submit the following form:
Or, contact us directly at 1-800-649-1735
Gen. Knox District (Hampden County except Holyoke)
Email Joel.Parker@scouting.org or use phone Ext. 7031
Metacomet District (Hampshire & Franklin County and Holyoke)
Email Steven.Roberts@scouting.org or use phone Ext. 7014
Appalachian Trail District (Berkshire County & Hill Towns)
Email Hunter.McCormick@Scouting.org or use phone Ext. 7033
Director of Operations & Membership Recruitment
Email Bob.D'Avignon@Scouting.org or use phone Ext. 7034
Or, to find an appropriate Scout unit for your child:
- Visit https://beascout.scouting.org/
- Select the appropriate tab for your child
- Enter your zip code
- Select one of the units from the list ("Show Unit")
- Click on the Contact link (usually says "234 - Western Massachusetts Council")
- Complete the Inquiry Form. Please leave a note about the best time to call in the "Questions and Comments" part of the form.
- Someone from the Council office or local unit will contact you to discuss Scouting and setup an introductory meeting.