News & Events
- Council Calendar
- Fall Membership Kickoff - August 17 & 18, 2015
- Commissioner Retreat - Aug. 16, 2015
- New Location for Day Camp Week 4 in East Longmeadow
- Distinguished Citizen Award Dinner - VIDEO
- 2015 Summer Camp Programs
- 2015 NYLT
- ATV Weekends - 2015
- Upcycling Program
- Merit Badge Clinics
- Upcoming Training Courses
- News & Events archive...
Welcome to Scouting
The Western Massachusetts Council serves over 6,600 young people and over 1,600 adult volunteers in Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, and Hampshire Counties of Western Massachusetts.
The Council has programs for boys and young men aged 5-20, and young ladies aged 13-20.
Get started now:
- Learn about Scouting
- Register your child for Scouting
- Volunteer to help Scouting
- Learn how you can support Scouting
Westfield Service Center - July 6, 2015
Please note that the Westfield Service Center will close at 4pm on Monday, July 6.
2015 WMC Investors' Report
For the very latest in Scouting:
Friends of Scouting Campaign
Our annual Friends of Scouting Campaign is underway. Please make a tax-deductible donation to support Scouting in Western Massachusetts.
Use Amazon Smile to support Scouting here in western Massachusetts. Click the link below to get started.
Help the dreams of
today's youth take flight by supporting us through Goodshop.com. Every time you
shop using Goodshop's deals and coupon codes, we get a percentage of the sale
to help us invest more into the Scouts of today - all at no cost to you.
Featured stores include those listed below. Remember to register and choose Boy Scouts of America - Western Massachusetts
In the Spotlight:
2015 Fall Membership Kickoff
Those of us in Scouting know how important our programs are to the youth we serve, to their families, and to the community as a whole. Here in western Massachusetts, we want to make sure that every youth has the opportunity to join Scouting and to receive a quality program. It is up to all of us to spread the word about Scouting, and the Western Massachusetts Council has the tools to help make that happen.
Be sure to attend the Membership Kickoff to find out all of the resources that are available to your unit to help run an organized and successful sign-up night. Here are some of the topics that will be discussed:
· Best practices for running a fall sign-up night
· Recruitment resources (flyers, posters, yard signs, etc.)
· How to promote your Cub Scout Pack
· Recruiting parents to be leaders
· How to incorporate the Lions program into your pack
If someone from your pack can't make it, be sure to contact your district executive or commissioner to discuss your recruitment and how we can help.
Watch for this new feature on the waterfront this year.
WMC's 'Compass' Newsletter